10 minute meal - Chicken with summer veg
Latest in Healthy eating
This muscle-building dish is full of flavour and takes just minutes to make
Just because a meal is straightforward doesn’t mean it has to be bland. This dish may be simple but it’s packed with flavour, along with a host of nutritious ingredients to help you build muscle and burn fat. Just follow the recipe below, provided by chef Karol Gladki (karolgladki.com).
1 organic chicken breast / 1 red pepper, chopped / 50g cherry tomatoes, halved / A handful of spinach, chopped / 50g green beans, trimmed and halved / A handful of pitted black olives / 2tbsp olive oil / 1tbsp balsamic vinegar / 1tbsp capers
- Preheat the grill to 180˚C.
- Butterfly the chicken breast and season it with a little salt and pepper and half the olive oil, then grill it for eight minutes, turning halfway through.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in a pan on a medium heat, then add the green beans, peppers and capers to the pan and cook for four minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes and olives and cook for a further two minutes.
- Add the spinach and seasoning and cook for a further minute.
- Place the veg mix on a plate with the chicken on top and garnish it with the balsamic vinegar.
A very lean meat that’s packed with muscle-building protein.
It's full of iron, which supplies muscles with oxygen and bone-strengthening vitamin K.
They contain plenty of vitamin C, which helps your body form strong tendons, ligaments and bone tissue.