10 minute meals - super-fast seafood
Latest in Healthy eating
Prepare a protein-packed shellfish dish in minutes by following this easy recipe
Prawns and scallops are an excellent addition to any manly diet. Not only are they tasty and packed with muscle-building protein, they can also be prepared quickly and easily for an impressive healthy meal. Just follow this recipe, provided by chef Karol Gladki (karolgladki.com).
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 100g of raw prawns, peeled
- 100g of Queen scallops
- 2 pak choi, cut into quarters
- 1 chilli, chopped
- 1tbsp chopped ginger
- A handful of chopped coriander leaves
- 1tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a wok on a high heat.
- Add the prawns and scallops to the wok and cook for three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pak choi, chilli, ginger and coriander and cook for a further three minutes.
- Serve, garnishing with your choice of soy sauce, lemon juice or just a little salt and black pepper.
For more easy recipes and healthy eating advice, subscribe to MF - we'll give you five issues for £5.
Prawns contain plenty of protein and vitamin B12 to help you pack on muscle.
Ginger is high in vitamins B5 and B6, which are essential for optimum health.
Chillies are a source of capsaicin, which ramps up your metabolic rate, causing your body to burn more calories.