Muscle-building prawn curry recipe
Latest in Healthy eating
Cook up this spicy muscle-building dish by following this simple recipe.
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- ½ lemongrass stick
- 1 small piece of ginger, grated
- 2 green chillies, de-seeded and sliced
- 1tbsp medium curry powder
- ½tsp ground turmeric
- 6-7 leaves fresh coriander
- oyster sauce
- ½tsp cayenne pepper
- vegetable stock
- 100ml coconut milk
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the onions and carrots and cook gently for five minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, green peppers, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper and chillies and mix.
- Add the oyster sauce, stock, curry powder, turmeric and coconut milk.
- Simmer for 12-15 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions, drain and reserve the water.
- Use the rice water to blanch the prawns (with added lemongrass) for three to four minutes.
- Add the prawns and coriander to the sauce and serve.
For more healthy recipes get Men's Fitness. Subscribe now and we'll give you five issues for £5.