Squat: tips for perfect form
The king of all leg exercises uses many different muscle groups and should be in every man’s mass-building arsenal
- Rest the bar on the back of your shoulders, not your neck.
- Grip the bar close to your shoulders, with elbows back and feet shoulder-width apart (toes turned out slightly).
- Brace your core muscles and lift the bar off the rack.
- Lower until your thighs are parallel to the floor, keeping your knees in line with your feet.
- Push back up through your heels.
- Look forward throughout and maintain a natural arch in your back.
For more exercise, weight-loss and diet tips, get the magazine. Subscribe now
and we'll give you 5 issues for £5!
Alternatively, get MF's brand new interactive edition