The deadlift works your lower and upper body at the same time in one mass-building compound move.
- Grip the bar just outside your knees with your shoulders over the bar. Use an overhand or an alternate grip, as shown. Your feet should be shoulder-width apart, toes pointing forward. Your back should be flat, your shoulder blades retracted and your core braced.
- Begin the lift by pushing with your glutes.
- As the bar passes your knees, push your hips forward.
- The bar should rise up your shins.
- Push up through your heels.
For more exercise, weight-loss and diet tips, get the magazine.Subscribe now
and we'll give you 5 issues for £5!
Alternatively, get MF's brand new interactive edition