This move will strengthen your erector spinae muscles as well as the backs of your legs. Be sure to maintain perfect form to prevent injuries.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, body upright, core braced and shoulders back.
- Rest the bar across the back of your shoulders, not your neck, and grasp it with your hands just outside your shoulders.
- Bend forward from the hips, not the waist, and bend your knees slightly.
- Lean as far forward as the stretch in your hamstrings will allow (but not beyond the horizontal).
- Keep a natural arch in your lower back.
- Push your hips back to maintain balance.
For more exercise, weight-loss and diet tips, get the magazine.Subscribe now
and we'll give you 5 issues for £5!
Alternatively, get MF's brand new interactive edition