The overhand grip ensures most of the work is done by your back and not your arms.
- Grip the bar using an overhand grip with your hands just wider than shoulder-width apart, extending your arms fully.
- Let your body hang straight down and don't swing.
- Pull up until your chin is over the bar.
- Squeeze your lats as you pull up.
- Lower slowly back to the start without swinging.
For more exercise, weight-loss and diet tips, get the magazine. Subscribe now
and we'll give you 5 issues for £5!
Alternatively, get MF's brand new interactive edition