By bringing your hands close together, you transfer emphasis from your chest to your triceps
- Lie on the bench, hold the barbell with your hands close together on the bar and put your feet flat on the floor.
- Brace your core and squeeze your shoulder blades together to stabilise your body.
- Lower the bar slowly and press up powerfully.
- Bring the bar down towards your sternum.
- Keep your elbows close to your sides to emphasise your triceps and don't arch your back.
For more exercise, weight-loss and diet tips, get the magazine.Subscribe now
and we'll give you 5 issues for £5!
Alternatively, get MF's brand new interactive edition